INDIAN RAILWAY SERVICE
Indian Railway Service is one of the 32 main civil services. The Indian Railway Service is responsible for the functioning and management of the huge Indian railway network. It is an important career choice and offers attractive positions, career growth and remuneration.
The Indian Railway Service has further following main sub divisions:-
- Indian Railway Traffic Services
- Indian Railway Personnel Services
- Indian Railway Accounts Services
- Railway Police Service
These are basically non technical branches of the Indian railways.
In addition there are technical and engineering cadres for which separate examination is conducted.
Each of the above services have different role. These are elucidated below.
- Indian Railway Traffic Services deals with scheduling of trains and the passengers and the freight carried by the trains.
- Indian Railway Personnel Services deals with the recruitment of the officers and other administrative workers.
- Indian Railway Accounts Services looks after the accounts of the Indian Railways.
- Railway Police Service is responsible for the security of the whole railway network system including rail passengers.
Procedure to Join Indian Railway Service
Aspirants can join for the Indian Railway Service mentioned above by applying for the Civil Services Examination on the UPSC website on advertisement of vacancies. To check the eligibility conditions, syllabus and pattern of the Civil Services Examination please click here.
There are three stages of the examination:-
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
You need to clear each stage to be eligible for next stage.
The Career graph varies depending upon the cadre that you join in the railways, however all cadres offer good remuneration.
For more information about Indian Railway Service please visit Union Public Service Commission website http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
For more jobs and job related queries please visit manyogjobs.com.
For Indian military veteran specific jobs visit fauziveterans.com.