Bodo – Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination
Bodo forms an optional subject for the Indian Civil Services Examination. The Subject Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is as given below.
PAPER – I
History of Bodo Language and Literature (Answers must be written in Bodo)
History of Bodo Language
- Homeland, language family, its present status and its mutual contact with Assamese.
- (a) Phonemes : Vowel and Consonant Phonemes
- Morphology : Gender, Case & Case endings, Plural suffix, Definitives, Verbal suffix.
- Vocabulary and its sources.
- Syntax : Types of sentences, Word Order.
- History of Scripts used in writing Bodo Language since inception.
History of Bodo Literature
- General introduction of Bodo folk literature.
- Contribution of the Missionaries.
- Periodization of Bodo Literature.
- Critical analysis of different genre (Poetry, Novel, Short Story and Drama)
- Translation Literature.
The Paper will require first-hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates. (Answers must be written in Bodo)
(a) Khonthai-Methai (Edited by Madaram Brahma & Rupnath Brahma).
(b) Hathorkhi-Hala (Edited by Pramod Chandra Brahma)
(c) Boroni Gudi Sibsa Arw Aroz : Madaram Brahma.
(d) Raja Nilambar : Dwarendra Nath Basumatary.
(e) Bibar (Prose section) (Edited by Satish Chandra Basumatary)
(a) Gibi Bithai (Aida Nwi) : Bihuram Boro
(b) Radab : Samar Brahma Chaudhury
(c) Okhrang Gongse Nangou : Brajendra Kumar Brahma
(d) Baisagu Arw Harimu : Laksheswar Brahma.
(e) Gwdan Boro : Manoranjan Lahary
(f) Jujaini Or : Chittaranjan Muchahary
(g) Mwihoor : Dharanidhar Wary
(h) Hor Badi Khwmsi : Kamal Kumar Brahma
(i) Jaolia Dewan : Mangal Singh Hozowary
(j) Hagra Guduni Mwi : Nilkamal Brahma.
The Subject syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is subject to modification/change and it is advised to check up for the latest syllabus on the Union Public Service Commission website – http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
For Indian military veteran specific jobs visit fauziveterans.com.
You may also mail your job related queries at email@example.com.