Dogri – Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination
Dogri forms an optional subject for the Indian Civil Services Examination. The Dogri Subject Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is as given below.
History of Dogri Language and Literature
(Answers must be written in Dogri)
History of the subject Language
- Dogri language : Origin and development through different stages.
- Linguistic boundaries of the language and its dialects.
- Characteristic features of the language.
- Structure of the Language :
(a) Sound Structure : Segmental : Vowels and Consonants Non-Segmental : Length, Stress, Nasalization, Tone and Juncture.
(b) Morphology of the language :
(i) Inflection Categories : Gender, Number, Case, Person, Tense and Voice.
(ii) Word Formation : use of prefixes, infixes and suffixes.
(iii) Vocabulary : Tatsam, tadbhav, foreign and regional.
(c) Sentence Structure : Major Sentence – types and their constituents, agreement and concord in the language syntax.
- Dogri Language and Scripts : Dogre/Dogra Akkhar, Devanagari and Persian.
History of Dogri Literature :
- A brief account of Pre-independence Literature in the subject language: Poetry & Prose.
- Development of modern and main trends in the subject language Poetry.
- Development of short-story, main trends & prominent short-story writers in the subject language.
- Development of Novel in the subject language, main trends & contribution of Dogri Novelists.
- Development of Drama & contribution of prominent Playwrights in the subject language.
- Development of Prose : Essays, Memoirs & Travelogues in the subject language.
- An introduction to Folk literature – Folk songs, Folk tales & Ballads in the subject language.
Textual Criticism of the language Literature (Answers must be written in Dogri)
- Azadi Paihle Di Dogri Kavita. The following poets : Devi Ditta, Lakkhu, Ganga Ram, Ramdhan, Hardutt, Pahari Gandhi Baba Kanshi Ram & Permanand Almast.
- Modern Dogri Poetry Azadi Bad Di Dogri Kavita The following poets : Kishan Smailpuri, Tara Smailpuri, Mohan Lal Sapolia, Yash Sharma, K.S. Madhukar, Padma Sachdev, Jitendra Udhampuri, Charan Singh and Prakash Premi.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 102, Ghazal Ank. The following poets : Ram Lal Sharma, Ved Pal Deep, N.D. Jamwal, Shiv Ram Deep, Ashwini Magotra and Virendra Kesar.
- Sheeraza Dogri Number 147, Ghazal Ank The following poets : R.N. Shastri, Jitendra Udhampuri, Champa Sharma and Darshan Darshi.
- Ramayan (Epic) by Shambhu Nath Sharma (upto Ayodhya Kand)
- Veer Gulab (Khand Kavya) by Dinoo Bhai Pant
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani The following short story writers : Madan Mohan Sharma, Narendra Khajuria and B.P. Sathe.
- Ajakani Dogri Kahani Part-II The following Short Story writters : Ved Rahi, Narsingh Dev Jamwal, Om Goswami, Chhattrapal, Lalit Magotra, Chaman Arora and Ratan Kesar.
- Khatha Kunj Bhag II The following Story writters : Om Vidyarthi, Champa Sharma and Krishan Sharma
- Meel Patthar (collection of short stories) by Bandhu Sharma
- Kaiddi (Novel) by Desh Bandhu Dogra Nutan
- Nanga Rukkh (Novel) by O.P. Sharma Sarathi.
- Nayaan (Drama) by Mohan Singh.
- Satrang (A collection of one act plays) The following play writers : Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Ram Nath Shastri, Jitendra Sharma, Lalit Magotra and Madan Mohan Sharma.
- Dogri Lalit Nibandh The following authors : Vishwa Nath Khajuria, Narayan Mishra, Balkrishan Shastri, Shiv Nath, Shyam Lal Sharma, Lakshmi Narayan, D.C. Prashant, Ved Ghai, Kunwar Viyogi.
The Subject syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is subject to modification/change and it is advised to check up for the latest syllabus on the Union Public Service Commission website – http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
For Indian military veteran specific jobs visit fauziveterans.com.
You may also mail your job related queries at email@example.com.