Maithili – Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination
Maithili forms an optional subject for the Indian Civil Services Examination. The Subject Syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is as given below.
PAPER – I
History of Maithili Language and its Literature
(Answer to be written in Maithili)
History of Maithili Language
- Place of the subject language in Indo-European language family.
- Origin and development of the subject language language. (Sanskrit, Prakrit, Avhatt, Maithili)
- Periodic division of the subject language Language. (Beginning, Middle era, Modern era)
- The subject language and its different dialects.
- Relationship between the subject language and other Eastern languages (Bengali, Assamese, Oriya).
- Origin and development of Tirhuta Script.
- Pronouns and Verbs in the subject language Language
History of Maithili Literature
- Background of the subject language Literature (Religious, economic, social, cultural).
- Periodic division of the subject language literature.
- Pre-Vidyapati Literature.
- Vidyapati and his tradition.
- Medieval Drama in the subject language (Kirtaniya Natak, Ankai Nat, Maithili dramas written in Nepal).
- The subject language Folk Literature (Folk Tales, Folk Drama, Folk Stories, Folk Songs).
- Development of different literary forms in modern era.
- (a) Prabandh-kavya
- (b) Muktak-kavya
- (c) Novel
- (d) Short Story
- (e) Drama
- (f) Essay
- (g) Criticism
- (h) Memoirs
- (i) Translation
- Development of the subject language Magazines and Journals.
(Answers must be written in the subject language)
The paper will require first-hand reading of the prescribed texts and will test the critical ability of the candidates.
- Vidyapati Geet-Shati-Publisher : Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi (Lyrics- 1 to 50)
- Govind Das Bhajanavali-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (Lyrics – 1 to 25).
- Krishnajanm – Manbodh
- Mithilabhasha Ramayana – Chanda Jha (only Sunder-Kand)
- Rameshwar Charit Mithila Ramayan – Lal Das (only Bal-kand)
- Keechak-Vadh-Tantra Nath Jha.
- Datta-Vati-Surendra Jha ‘Suman’ (only 1st and 2nd Cantos).
- Samakaleen Maithili Kavita – Publisher : Sahitaya Akademi, New Delhi.
- Varna Ratnakar – Jyotirishwar (only 2nd Kallol)
- Khattar Kakak Tarang – Hari Mohan Jha.
- Prithvi Putra-Lalit
- Bhaphait Chahak Jinagi-Sudhanshu ‘Shekar’ Choudhary.
- Kirti Rajkamlak-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna (First Ten Stories only).
- Katha-Sangrah-Publisher : Maithili Academy, Patna.
The Subject syllabus for Indian Civil Services Examination is subject to modification/change and it is advised to check up for the latest syllabus on the Union Public Service Commission website – http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
For Indian military veteran specific jobs visit fauziveterans.com.
You may also mail your job related queries at email@example.com.